Thursday, March 17, 2011

If Teachers and Cops Are Worth $100K Per Year, Why Aren't Servicemen?

I had been thinking the thought for a little bit but Russ Vaughn beat me to it in a post at American Thinker entitled, "An Abominable Discrepancy":

. . . And that brings to my mind a question I have long held about cops and firemen, Just what precisely is it they do in their jobs that makes them any more deserving of special pay and special status than our serving military, especially the troops who serve in combat arms organizations and who face far greater risk of bodily injury or death than police and firefighters?

I'll tell you the difference with one word: unions. . . .
And he doesn't just complain about this problem. He offers a solution to it as well. Read the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment